Characterized by its long-reaching zoom, the black PowerShot SX620 HS from Canon is a sleek digital camera featuring a high-resolution 20.2MP CMOS sensor along with a powerful DIGIC 4+ image processor. The sensor and processor combine to form the Canon HS SYSTEM, which produces imagery with notable clarity and quality, as well as reduced noise when working at high sensitivities in low-light conditions. The sensor and processor also permit recording Full HD 1080p video at 30 fps, shooting stills at up to 7.1 fps, and working with sensitivities up to ISO 3200 to suit shooting in difficult lighting conditions. Complementing the imaging capabilities is a 25x optical zoom lens, which covers a wide-angle to super telephoto 25-625mm-equivalent focal length range, and Intelligent IS serves to balance this reach by minimizing the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. The sleek form factor of the camera is accented by a large 3.0″ 922k-dot LCD screen for composing imagery and reviewing your shots, and built-in Wi-Fi with NFC enables wireless sharing and remote camera control from a linked smartphone or tablet.
20.2MP CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 4+ Image Processor
The 20.2MP 1/2.3″ CMOS sensor produces high-resolution imagery that, when paired with the DIGIC 4+ image processor, exhibits notable clarity and sensitivity to ISO 3200, as well as a top continuous shooting rate of 7.1 fps. The sensor and processor work together to create Canon’s HS SYSTEM, which is able to produce clear, rich imagery in dimly-lit situations with minimal noise and vivid detail.
Beyond still image recording, the SX620 HS is also capable of recording Full HD 1080p video at 30 fps, which is easily accessible via a dedicated movie button.
25x Zoom Lens and Intelligent Image Stabilization
An expansive 25x optical zoom lens offers a wide-angle to super telephoto equivalent focal length range of 25-625mm to suit working with a wide variety of subjects. This extensive reach is complemented by a versatile Intelligent IS image stabilization system that minimizes the appearance of camera shake for both stills and video shooting:
- Normal IS corrects for a wide range of common camera movements.
- Panning IS detects deliberate panning movements and does not compensate for lateral movements to permit desired camera movements.
- Macro (Hybrid) IS corrects for shift-type camera shake that commonly occurs when working with close-up subject matter.
- Tripod is a dedicated setting that automatically deactivates IS when the use of a tripod is detected since camera-based stabilization is not needed.
- Dynamic IS is well-suited to recording at wide-angle focal lengths and reduces unwanted shaking that typically occurs when walking while recording.
- Powered IS compensates for hand movements that become more visually discernible when working at the telephoto end of the zoom range.
- Macro (Hybrid) IS minimizes the appearance of shake when walking as well as compensates for shift-type shake that occurs when working with close-up subject matter.
- Active Tripod IS minimizes the slight amount of shake that can happen when recording video while using a tripod.
Built-In Wi-Fi with NFC
Other Camera Features
- A large 3.0″ 922k-dot LCD monitor is available for composing imagery, navigating the menu, and reviewing photos and videos.
- The Auto Zoom feature helps to maintain consistent compositions and framing accuracy, as well as sharp focus, when working with distant subjects by automatically zooming in or out.
- Creative Shot modes help to transform your original imagery into creative and unique works using a system of 46 in-camera filters, which are grouped within Retro, Monochrome, Special, and Natural categories. Once the original image has been taken, the camera will automatically produce five additional variations using this series of filters.
- Hybrid Auto will record short video clips prior to recording a still image, and then automatically compile them into one HD 720p video file to produce a highlight reel of a shooting session.
- Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper camera settings based on recognized shooting situations.